Yields: 1 Serving Difficulty: Easy Cook Time: 10 Mins
Recipe by Chef James McBride, family run Bar & Restaurant The Travellers In, Milford
This is a simple healthy salad using only a handful of ingredients which is sure to impress your family and friends.
Serve as a light lunch snack and enjoy!
- First make the balsamic reduction put 20ml of balsamic vinegar in a small pot along with 5g of dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoon of water bring to the boil and reduce until a thick syrup, remove from the heat and let cool. Just remember that it will continue to thicken as it cools!
- For the whipped goats cheese add 8 tablespoons of Ardalagh goats’ cheese to a small bowl along with ½ tsp of mixed herbs and 3 teaspoons of double whipping cream. Mix all the ingredients together until whipped and smooth.
- For the Donegal Kilard cheddar cheese, get 150g of Kilard cheddar cheese, using a peeler peel the cheese to get long even strand and set aside to use later.
- For the garnish, chop up a handful of walnuts, cut the beetroot into slices, grab a few small leaves of basil and ½ cup of raspberries.
- Finally to plate up, dress the rocket leaves in a large bowl with the honey mustard dressing just before serving. Put the balsamic dressing on the plate along with the dressed rocket leaves and add the whipped goats cheese in small teaspoons around the dressed salad leaves along with the walnuts, beetroot, basil, raspberries and of course the pre sliced Kilard cheddar cheese.
- Serve as a light lunch snack and enjoy!