‘Burgers, and I mean good homemade burgers have made a great comeback and rightly so. They are nutritious and amazing to eat when you know what you are putting in to them. Any good burger is about quality meat and for me a fried diced onion inside the burger is key’ Brian McDermott
Brian’s Tip: Try with turkey and pork mince for an alternative burger.
- Preheat the oven to 170° C.
- For the burgers fry the diced onion in the oil and butter. Place the minced beef in a bowl, then add the cooked onion, egg, nutmeg and bread crumb
- Add grated cheese and combine together and form 4 equal burgers. Shape round and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan and fry the burgers on both sides then transfer to the oven for 6 minutes.
- Use the pan the burgers were cooked in to toast the buns and soak up any juices.
- Dress the burgers with some relish or pickle along with a slice of beef tomato and gem lettuce. Remember the cheese is melting inside the burger meat.