Recipe by Ronan Cunningham, Atlantic Treasures Fish Shop
The most delicious Hearty Starter! If you haven’t tried this it’s a must!
Peeled Shrimps can be used instead of prawns.
The dishes become very hot, so take care when removing them from the roasting tray
- Place a small amount of Garlic Butter in each of the holes.
- Add one piece of Monkfish and one prawn to each hole.
- Put remainder of Butter on top of each prawn.
- Squeeze over a wedge of lemon.
- Season lightly with salt and Pepper.
- Cover with Grated Kilard Cheese.
- Lightly press down with your hand, to compact the dish.
- Place on a roasting tray and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C / 380 deg F / gas 5 For approx. 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove from oven, place dishes on a plate and serve with homemade brown bread.